Monday, November 28, 2011

Harmony

As I've mentioned on a regular basis, music speaks to my soul in a way that no other form of communication can. There's something about lyrics and notes blended together to form a perfect expression of emotion and feeling... it transports you outside of yourself.
I was brought up as a Church of Christ kid. That's right. One of those acapella girls. I was raised on the "Songs of Faith and Praise" songbook, and the beauty of four-part harmony surrounding my head.
Harmony. The perfect blending of different parts...
As I sit writing this post, with broadway soundtracks filling the quiet of my room, I'm taken aback by the sheer beauty of pure harmony. While the parts don't quite sound right on their own, together, they are complete and whole.

I want my life to be in harmony.

So often, I take pieces of my existence... work, school, relationships, faith.... and compartmentalize each of them. I stick them in corners and bounce back and forth... dividing my time between whichever one I've been neglecting most recently. It's overwhelming. The idea of never resting in a blending of the many pieces... but feeling the need to sing each on their own.

I'm working on the idea of putting my existence in harmony. Each part, working with the others to create something that is beautiful and in tune. One unable to sound perfect without the others.
Could a life be lived this way? Giving attention to each part individually, but overall, working to make them all sound beautiful together?

And if that's possible, could we, as a society, live in this type of harmony? Our lives meshing together to create something that is perfect? Though we are different... some lives sing a little deeper than others, and some take the melody.... could our lives all blend to something beyond what we could imagine?

Just some thoughts that have been rolling around in my head.
Blessings on you and yours.
Amanda Christine

No comments: